Adrenal Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia Therapy
- Do you have difficulty getting up in the morning?
- Do you still feel tired after a full night's rest?
- Do you crave salt and/or salty foods?
- Do you find that everything seems to require more energy than it used to?
- Is it harder to complete daily tasks and does it require more effort to do so?
- Do you have a low sex drive?
- Is it harder for you to deal with stressors and do you find that little things get to you?
- Do you feel you can't shake a cold that you got 3 weeks ago or feel your immune system is down?
- Do you get light-headed when you stand up quickly?
- Is your mood down or feel as though you're just going through the motions of life?
- Does PMS rule your life?
- Do you drive yourself with caffeine and snacks to get through the day?
- Is your memory more fuzzy, do you lose track of your train of thought?
- Is your memory less accurate?
- Are people more irritating to you?
- Do you get an afternoon low between 3-4 pm?
- Do you get a second wind in the evenings?
If you have more than three of these symptoms you may have adrenal fatigue. Adrenal fatigue or hypoadrenia is a decrease in function of the adrenal glands due to excessive physical, emotional, environmental and/or physiological stress. These stressors can lead to a decrease in the amount of adrenal hormones, most notably Cortisol.
Traditional medicine only recognizes the extreme low of hypoadrenia, known as Addison's disease, which is a lack of corticosteroid production within the adrenals and is a life threatening condition, if untreated.
Studies show that patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Fibromyalgia often have adrenal fatigue. At Forward Health Solutions, we understand how difficult it is to cope with these symptoms and we work with you to help ease or reduce their effects.